Nether SUBWAY Map

Discussion in 'Things to see & screenshots' started by RiverSpring, Dec 3, 2016.

1. haugsvar

haugsvar You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish

We should be able to play with a copy of the dynmap or hdmaps currently on play.intersnout.com and implement the system to the production line when ready.

Where are tricks like using signs with special formatting that could be read externally at the server side to generate "stations". Or vi could have different other ways to get the coords and some decent text from text-files, spreadsheats, web-based interfaces, databases, etc.

Having junctions with coords named as sttations could we could play with the possibility to draw routes between the signs and also scale it by 8 and display the routes as an overlay to the overworld map.

My talents are limited at java/javscript programming but this would be a route towards an automated nether subway map if anyone is up for the task.

2. GreyMantle

GreyMantle That package reminds me of my friends here ...

Or zoom Killer to 3 or 4 to fit most of it on a large display and snag a print screen.
    Then adjust zoom of killer nether view to be a factor of 8 larger. and capture that image also.
    Then photo shop the nether to mask out all but the paths, junctions, and portal locations.
    final step is to overlay the transparently masked nether image over the Killer map image and line up both spawn markers from each image.
    QED and no coding needed.

In practice it is hard the nether dynmap is so dark it is hard to differentiate between netherrack and pathway
    (especially since some path designers used many varieties of dark blocks).

3. RiverSpring

RiverSpring what does this button do?...

sorry, I've been too busy travelling and working for the last month.
    I have the map on my comp as a layered png file.
    anybody feel free to edit or use it the way you feel fit.
    the killa-world is changing so fast, it's too much for me to keep up with combined with real life things.

(right click and select 'save as', of course...)
    http://acors.net/stuff/SUBWAYMAPINTERSNOUT.png

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. GreyMantle

GreyMantle That package reminds me of my friends here ...

Has anyone updated this map recently?